Saturday, October 13, 2012

Coleslaw -- Easy and Delicious Coleslaw

When I think coleslaw, three vital ingredients come to mind: cabbage, carrots, and mayo. The rest of the ingredients are all extra and deemed necessary or trivial depending on your personal preference. Here's my recipe for a foolproof coleslaw that goes well with anything that coleslaw goes well with :)



Base:    1/2 head green cabbage, thinly sliced
              2 carrots, julienned
              3 heaping tbsp. mayo
Flavor: 1/2 tsp. celery seed
              1/2 lemon, juiced
              1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
              1 tbsp. sugar
              salt & pepper to taste
Heat:     N/A (easy stuff!)

1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, and celery seed

2. In a small bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper
- Mix well to combine.

3. Add coleslaw dressing from small bowl to large bowl with cabbage, carrots, and celery seeds
- Mix well to combine.
- For best results, chill at least 15 minutes before serving.





* Notes: Since I used mayo with olive oil and cracked pepper, I didn't add any extra pepper that I otherwise would have if I used regular mayo. And as always, I encourage you to change any part(s) of this recipe to adjust to your personal preference. You may like to cut your cabbage into thinner or thicker slices-- both of which are totally acceptable. Whatever you do, just make sure you have fun in your kitchen.

Watch a demo of this recipe and join me in my kitchen where everything is served with love.




♥ Yen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...