Saturday, October 27, 2012

Poor Man's Jack-O'-Lantern

I had extra bell peppers in the fridge and I had no intention of using them anytime soon. They were starting to age so I knew I had to do something with them asap. I recently got two pumpkins, and juxtaposing them against the bell peppers gave me the idea to carve the bell peppers! From there, I thought what a wonderful idea it would be to use them to serve other fruits and veggies!



After washing the bell peppers, I cut off the uneven bottom so they can stand on a flat surface. I also cut the top to make the lid. I then emptied the seeds and stuffed one with carrot sticks, one with celery sticks, and one with grapes. They are super cute, fun, colorful, and decorative. It makes an impressive veggie tray to serve your guests at a Halloween party. Kids will love these because kids love cute stuff. I love cute stuff too, and when I see veggies and fruits presented in a cute serving dish, I will want to eat more fruits and veggies-- I'm totally a big kid :)



To demonstrate its versatility, I emptied the contents of the pumpkins-- I mean bell peppers, and placed a battery operated tea-light candle inside each of them. My boyfriend named them "Poor Man's Jack-O'-Lantern."

Watch a demo of this tutorial and join me in my kitchen where everything is served with love.



♥ Yen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...