Friday, September 7, 2012

Greek Festival

I like to cook, but I also like to go out to eat. A lot! I want to share one of my highly anticipated events that only comes around once a year. It's the Greek Festival in Salt Lake City! I LOVE to go for the food-- of course, but I'm not the only one (the following pics were taken last year)...


The people sitting down already have their food, and the people standing up are waiting in the ridiciously long line to get their hands on some food. The view from my camera reflects the position where I was standing in line: very far away. The cooked food is situated behind the cluster of doors which seems so far away. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to create a portal and be transported through the doors instantaneously?


Getting closer...


There we are! Side note: this is exactly what I meant in my previous blog post-- there's never enough Tzatziki (White Yogurt Sauce) with your Greek food order. I want more than just a dollop! Check out my previous blog post here to see how you can make your own Tzatziki Sauce at home.


Can't forget about dessert. My boyfriend and I asked the cashier which three were her top three choices; the recommendations became our choice of dessert. We loved them all! I especially liked the Galotopita, with the custard filling and phyllo crust. Yum!

Upon the conclusion of last year's event, I've been waiting oh so patiently, and the Greek Festival is finally here again! Admission is $3 per person, but you can get a coupon for free admission here, brought to you by Zions Bank. Coupons are awesome. Free is awesome! The event is open September 6th-9th. I have not been yet, but there's no way I'll be missing out. I might even go twice like last year :) Enjoy!

♥ Yen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...