Saturday, August 25, 2012

Grilled Zucchini

Zucchinis love my grill, and my grill loves zucchinis. Zucchinis are so versatile; they can be cooked, prepped, and eaten in so many different ways. My favorite way to have them is to have them grilled. I toss them with a little seasoning and let the grill work its magic.


Base: 3 large zucchinis (not the extra-large ones, just large)
Flavor: oregano, powdered garlic, crushed red pepper, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and oil
Method of Heating: grilling

Prep work:

1. Cut each zucchini into 8 pieces
- cut off both ends (the mouth and the tail)
- then cut in half widthwise
- then take each half and cut into quarters (lengthwise)

2. Seriously, I only want to toss them lightly in seasoning
- little bit of oregano, powdered garlic, and crushed red pepper
- white wine vinegar for a pop of acidity-- I'm not a vinegar-y person, but I find that white wine vinegar is pretty amiable; we get along because the vinegar flavor and smell is more subtle
- some oil to keep it moisturized
- salt and pepper to taste

3. Seriously, I only want to toss them lightly in seasoning
- no need to marinade for long
- preheat the grill, when ready, marinade is ready too!


 I let my zucchinis mingle on the grill until they are tender, because I prefer it that way.



Good dish for non-meat eaters. Good side dish to pair with chicken, beef, pork, fish, and more. Never disappoints. Good stuff! Watch my video and join me in my kitchen where everything is served with love.


♥ Yen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...